Worldwide P25 Networks Number 2,200
Monday, May 22, 2017 | Comments

The P25 Technology Interest Group (PTIG) announced updated lists of trunking and conventional Project 25 (P25) networks worldwide.

Since the lists were last published in June 2016, the P25 trunking systems list had 84 new systems added for a total of 913 P25 trunking systems. The P25 conventional list had 35 new systems added for a total of 1,334 P25 conventional systems. The 2,247 total includes P25 systems for the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. In addition to these countries, 83 additional nations are known to have P25 systems deployed.

The data for each system includes location, system name, system type, P25 Phase 1 or Phase 2, and the frequency band or bands used in the system. P25 Phase 1 systems make up 80 percent of the trunking systems, and P25 Phase 2 systems make up the remaining 20 percent.

The predominant frequency band in use for conventional systems remains VHF with more than 75 percent of the systems listed. UHF is second with 20 percent of the total P25 conventional systems. For P25 trunking systems, 55 percent are in the 700, 800 or mixed 700/800 bands. UHF makes up 35 percent of the P25 trunking systems, and VHF makes up 8 percent of known P25 trunking systems.

The lists also include the type of P25 users served by the system, and a variety of user types are represented with public safety being the most typical user group served by both conventional and P25 trunking systems. Other P25 users groups include airports, businesses, prisons/corrections, department of defense/military, emergency operations/management, federal agencies, hospitals and medical centers, tribal, NASA, utilities, public works, refineries, transportation systems, universities, school districts and Disneyland.

The lists are available here.

Would you like to comment on this story? Find our comments system below.



 
 
Post a comment
Name: *
Email: *
Title: *
Comment: *
 

Comments

No Comments Submitted Yet

Be the first by using the form above to submit a comment!

Site Navigation

Close